Woodworking Talk banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello all I just got signed up to this forum and it looks like a great knowledge base of info to draw from and a lot of good folks here to help as well… I am just starting to get into woodworking to make a few things for the house rather than just fixing things around the house from time to time. I will try not to do a lot of repeat questions, although I am sure I will ask some as time goes along…. I look forward to learning, sharing and getting advice from all you good folks here at Woodworking Talk…. Larry Scott

·
Registered
4,224 Posts
Welcome aboard

This is a great little forum with lots of expert advise. The more you learn, the more questions you will have.

Tony B

·
Registered
120 Posts
Hi Scotty, I just joined last week and yes there is alot of knowledgable people on here.Wish I would know bout this site many years ago. Welcome to knowledge of woodworking. Chevyll

·
Curmudgeon in Training
824 Posts
Welcome, Scotty

Welcome, Larry. I make sawdust just a few miles south of you near Collinsville, OK. I got my start in woodworking when a buddy and I harvested some logs near Fredonia about seven years ago (that's not far from where Larry's at for you non-Kansas folks). I also just make stuff for the house, family, and friends. I don't get up to Indepandence much, but if you're ever in the neighborhood, stop by and we'll make some sawdust.

And, don't pay any attention to that Terry Beeson guy - he's a nut! I hear he used to brush his teeth with mercury!
Actually, Terry is a pretty cool, old guy (but don't tell him I said that). You should check out his web site, it's really nice.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Hey Folks, Thanks for the warm welcome…. Looks like you can gain some knowledge about woodworking and have a lot of fun with other folks here as well, this must be the right place….
Thanks again Scotty

1 - 7 of 7 Posts