Woodworking Talk banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
Termite
4,567 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've had these a long time but have never known who made these. Woodnthings I thought had old Craftsman catalogs and might have something in there for reference.

Anybody...They fold up like 2×4's
20210609_081623.jpg
20210609_081615.jpg
20210609_081124.jpg

·
where's my table saw?
29,190 Posts
I had a pair of steel horses back when, gave them to a contractor friend. Not like the one's you show. Never seen those before in real life or catalogs either.

·
Registered
Termite
4,567 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
It would be nice to know the age. New products were manufactured by random companies in the 60-70's and never took off. I never thought to give them a once over and see if there is a description.

Thee kinda dangerous as they have a scissor action is not assembled correctly and I often ignore them now for other options unless it's all I got..

The bora I notice out there these days are nice and 2x4's to make new ones are getting pretty expensive just to make a few..

·
Smart and Cool
2,392 Posts
I had a "newer" set like that several years ago, not as well made as those.

Quite a few current options out there as well.

I honestly have no idea what I did with the ones I had, now I'm going to have to look around...

·
Premium Member
Amateur at Everything
32 Posts
I just broke my index finger very badly a month ago with a similar pair of old metal folding saw horses. I’m lucky i didn’t chop the top of the finger off from the scissor action. I was tired and distracted when it happened….imagine that.

·
where's my table saw?
29,190 Posts
I just broke my index finger very badly a month ago with a similar pair of old metal folding saw horses. I’m lucky i didn’t chop the top of the finger off from the scissor action. I was tired and distracted when it happened….imagine that.
That is exactly why I gave my metal folding horses away! It was an accident waiting to happen. If it wasn't gonna be my finger it was gonna be my saw blade cutting into the metal.

·
Registered
187 Posts
The plastic ones suck too...I was dry walling my garage using them for scaffolding support on the 10' ceiling, and it totally collapsed out from under me.

·
Registered
Egg Spurt
2,789 Posts
I have a couple folding "suitcase" horses from lowes..So far so good, but I don't let blades close enough to them. The part I don't like are the spring loaded ball catch on the sides. I always think it's on the other side where it's not..
Darn handy to stow away going into a customers house though..

1 - 8 of 8 Posts