Woodworking Talk banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
314 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My wife bought me some new saw blades for fathers day. She got me a 7-1/4" and a 10" for a circular saw. The 10" was supposed to be for my table saw. So my question is can the 10" circular saw blade be used in my table saw. Or should I take it back.

·
where's my table saw?
31,248 Posts
10" circular saw blade? .... unlikely

A 10" blade would be very unusual on a circular saw, but Milwaukee makes one for sure. The number and type of teeth should be written on the blade. It may be something like 28 T, 40 T or 60T... Is the blade made for ripping or general purpose? http://www.ebay.com/itm/48-40-4170-...408?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item46071522d8
The blade above is a 10 1/4" diameter. This may not fit on a standard table saw which may be limited to 10" blades only. The extra 1/8" measured on the radius, could rub on the mechanism at some point, so be very careful. :yes:

Some woodworkers routinely use the smaller 7 1/4" blades because they are so much cheaper, and will still cut 3/4" and 1" thick material on the table saw. Wood is still wood and the blade don't care where it's being used....circ saw or table saw. The only factor would be the RPMs may be greater on a circ saw, but it will still work OK on the table saw.

Can you post a photo of the blade or package?

·
where's my table saw?
31,248 Posts
Oh Oh

You have the worst possible blade, as far as modern, fast cutting, carbide tipped blades go. That blade is NOT carbide tipped, and is meant for plywood only. It will need sharpening much sooner since it is just high speed steel.
I would return it and get a carbide tipped blade with either 40 or 50 teeth, not 200.
A good blade at a reasonable price is the Freud Diablo from Home Depot or Amazon, about $30.00. Amazon.com: Freud D1040X Diablo 10-Inch 40-Tooth ATB General Purpose Saw Blade with 5/8-Inch Arbor and PermaShield Coating: Home Improvement

·
Registered
5,445 Posts
It's a great gesture on her part, but is a pretty poor blade. If it wasn't a lot of money, I'd consider keeping it around to give her the illusion that you're using it....maybe put it on a CMS or keep it for junk ply cuts. Then I'd try to a sneak in a $30 Freud Diablo or Irwin Marples blade for my TS, or just tell it that you need different blades for different materials.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.