On MLK day, I was finishing the sanding on parts to the pantry I'm building. Since it was cold outside, I had the doors shut. I was using one of my older, all metal, craftsman belt sanders. As we all know, all metal tools get warm and hot. It kept getting hotter and I just thought that it was because of my constant usage for about 10 minutes. At that point I saw a spark, the sander stopped working, and flames shot out of each side of the tool. Needless to say, I dropped the sander, made my way through the smoke to the overhead door and opened it. I then took the sander outside and proceeded to get rid of the smoke with my blower. Fortunately, like all of my all metal tools, I always make sure they're rewired with a ground.