Woodworking Talk banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Still can count to ten.
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Hello WoodworkingTalk,

I have been lurking for a while and thought it was about time to become a member. I have always like the enjoyment of building something myself, but have been limited to self teachings. I grew up in a lighting/furniture store and was always constructing displays and putting together furniture. This is where I learned most of techniques by trial and error. After browsing the forum there are some truly talented members on this site that make my work look elementary and I look forward to learning and expanding my abilities. I recently purchased my first home, built a few items for my reloading room with only hand tools and a power drill. After I completed these projects I really wanted to upgrade but could not justify the expense. Then my wife wanted a new bed so we went out shopping and after she found what she wanted I was floored by the expense for a particle board bed frame($1999). I finally had my excuse to buy a table saw, chop saw, and a few other tools. I told my wife that I saw the bed at Lowes for a few Hundred. I got my tools and lumber and built her bed for way less and I am working on matching end tables, but have to decide between black granite or white marble for the top. I also recently finished a coffee table, and next up is a Foyer table and hutch for my desk but these probably won't get started for a little while.

These are with hand tools.

With power tools.

·
Still can count to ten.
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks
Welcome. That's some nice work there
Thank You

Thanks

If I am not wrong then I think these the ammo magazines! hmm interesting. But I like the furniture in your bedroom and other one also. Thanks for sharing, I am new to this forum and thinking to make a new thread to introduce myself but I don't have much material to show on intro like you.
Yes, they are ammo magazines. Thank you for the compliment and Welcome.

·
Registered
1,230 Posts
Welcome! and nice work--it's always better when you make it.
I'm a little east of you (and I load too)

·
Still can count to ten.
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
I made this one rather quickly and the spacing isn't perfect but it came out pretty good. This was more of a test to see what issues I would run in to. Now that I know what I am in for I might try making some fancy ones with different kinds of wood or a double sided multi cal version.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts