Woodworking Talk banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
2,304 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Pictures of new salt and pepper mills for a craft show this Saturday. The woods are walnut, cherry, and ambrosia maple.
Tom

Attachments

·
7,222 Posts
You have been busy.

Nice looking pieces. :thumbsup:

Your picture is not doing them justice though.

I hope these sell fast at the Craft show.

·
Registered
420 Posts
Yeah, it's a little blury but it looks like they have a real nice high build finish on them. Good work. I need to upgrade my photography as well. :thumbsup:

·
Registered
2,304 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks Dave and Aaron. I have about 8 more to go with these along with 20 plus cutting boards. I have this show on Saturday and a show that will run for 4 days (Friday and Saturday) the first two weeks in Dec. I hope to sell out at these shows. As for the finish I have been using General wood turners finish. It does built up for a nice finish. I put on 5 to 6 coats and buff using the beal buffing system.
Tom

·
No Longer Here, BY CHOICE
2,442 Posts
Your finish looks incredible! I too love the WTF.:thumbsup:

·
7,222 Posts
Where did you buy the hardware?
The hardware kits are available at places like Woodcraft, Rockler, Craft Supplies, Penn State Industries,

PSI link for example.

http://www.pennstateind.com/store/peppermill-kits.html?concept=3

You will need the relevant diameter of Forstner bits, and perhaps an extension if you make deep mills. I drill my mills on the lathe. Easier than clamping on the drill press and having to move the table as the depth progresses. If you want to drill on the lathe you will need a Jacobs chuck with relevant morse taper. Also available at the same places as the kits.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts