Woodworking Talk banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just bought my first table saw, a Ryobi RTS31. I got it together. I haven't put it through the paces yet, but it seems like it will be fine for general DYI stuff. Anyway, I got the saw put together. The only thing that is bugging me is that they included a 3mm hex key in the package and I cannot figure out what it is for. All other parts went on fine. Anyone have an idea?

·
Registered
7 Posts
I too just purchased this saw and so far, I love it. I do have one question and would love some input. The saw comes with the built-in miter sled and I'm not a big fan of the miter gauge that attaches to it, it's clunky and I doubt its accuracy. I was curious if anyone had tried to build a more traditional miter jig for this saw. This is a tough Because the sled is a part of the saw and there are no true miter gauge slots for a miter jig to run in. Unfortunately, googling it produces nothing as it only takes you to sites with info about the saw itself. I am thinking about modifying/removing the sled and possibly building a new top into that space with a miter slot. Curious if anyone had any ideas? My planned projects to this point are boxes and picture frames where a true miter jig would help expedite the process.

Thanks,

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
irbyka76 - My search on Google hasn;t resulted in much either, other than the standard Ryobi product videos. Maybe that should tell us something about the saw. However, I am very pleased with my RTS31. I have found the rip fence scale to be spot on (with the blade at 90 degrees.) I have used the miter sled. Mine is accurate, but I would agree that a standard miter sled would probably be better. Since there is no track, I guess something would need to be designed that would butt up against the rip fence and the miter sled. If you come up with something, please post it.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.