·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Little knob upgrage fro the ryobi DP102L

·
John
3,028 Posts
Not sure I like that fix. I already have problems with the fence interfering with the quill handles when I have smaller (read shorter) bits installed. Could be I could redesign and rebuild the table I made for the thing but I likely won't as I would prefer to upgrade the unit as money becomes available.

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Oh yes , i agree, i can definitely see problems using this mod with a work table and fence.
I had considered. getting the harbor Freight handles but i think the cost was what deterred me
Also , something to consider, the shafts can be shortened simply by cutting them off and rethreading them.

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Oh yes , i agree, i can definitely see problems using this mod with a work table and fence.
I had considered. getting the harbor Freight handles but i think the cost was what deterred me
Also , something to consider, the shafts can be shortened simply by cutting them off and rethreading them,, then reducing the return spring tension.

·
John
3,028 Posts
I just removed one of the handles. Gets me by about 90% of what I've needed so far. I did like the chuck fix, I might do that one. My biggest issue with it is the quill travel, lack of. 2 or so inches is a little skimpy. I'm keeping my eye out as funds become available to upgrade to maybe a 12". :smile: Would really like to upgrade the bandsaw too but I generally run out of pension before I run out of month.

Reactions: OldNoob
1 - 5 of 5 Posts