Woodworking Talk banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Wood Mangler
139 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I tried putting some of this on cheap bar clamps from Harbor Freight. I didn't have to scrape any glue off, it all just came off.

·
Old Methane Gas Cloud
3,500 Posts
Interesting! I put Never Wet on a denim apron. TB-III sticks to the apron just fine.

I'll try on the clamps.

·
Banned
6,836 Posts
Interesting! I put Never Wet on a denim apron. TB-III sticks to the apron just fine.

I'll try on the clamps.
Really that eould be the first thing I've seen that stuck to it.

Nothing personal but did you get a good cote on the right way?

Did you try a second time?

·
Wood Mangler
139 Posts
Discussion Starter #5

I'll try on the clamps.
I used TB II. Maybe thats why. I tried using the stuff as waterproof on my boots. I work with animals and the urine destroyed the stuff pretty quick. From what I can tell talking to people, the stuff is great initially but wears out pretty quick. On the clamps I also let the glue dry and it pretty much peeled off without scraping.

·
Registered
26,880 Posts
Sounds good but put a finish on a scrap piece of wood after clamping a board on your clamps and see if it fisheyes. Let us know the results. The Never Wet is made from silicone.

·
Wood Mangler
139 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I take back my initial post. After several uses the glue seems to stick better than if it were untreated. As a whole, I am underwhelmed by Nev R Wet.

·
Registered
479 Posts
Nev r wet?

HI!
We havn't heard of Neverwet :thumbdown:!
What did we miss? What is it's function?
Hoping someone out there will be kind enough to enlighten us :huh:!
Best,
Marena and Vinny

·
Wood Mangler
139 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
It's a super water proofer from rust oleum. It works well for about ten minutes.

·
Since 1994
233 Posts
when I'm concerned about things sticking where they shouldn't, I just use clear packing tape - although silicone glue brushes work pretty good at not sticking to glue, so who knows

1 - 11 of 11 Posts