Woodworking Talk banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello I just joined today. I own a cake company and just recently started producing high end cake stands. I have an order for one of the country's top decorators and everything that could go wrong has! First my turner got the dimensions wrong...so we rushed and built a second one and the top bowed. So we did a third one and I am having paint problems!!! I am having trouble getting it to cure. Then every time it's close I see a flaw and add more paint. I know I shouldn't but this woman's review could either make me or break me. I was supposed to ship yesterday but the paint was shinier is areas but felt dry. I put it in te car to take it over to have my turner look at it and the paint messed up in those spots. SO I just touched it up. Is there anything I can do to make it cure faster? How many hours should I wait to ship? I have only had this problem with the gold....:blink::censored:

·
Registered
26,955 Posts
A lot of rustoleum paint is pretty good but their metallic paint is pretty bad in my opinion. It seems to rub off weeks after it is dry. You might try using Sherwin Williams paint or start making your own. You can purchase the bronzing powder from Mohawk Finishing products and add it to a clear polyurethane or lacquer and apply it with a regular paint sprayer.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts