Woodworking Talk banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just finished a commission for a rather special bridge, this is a short video 3 mins going all the way from felling the tree to the finished bridge.

http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=-jH-e2nD3WQ

hope you enjoy it as much as we did

·
Registered
4,691 Posts
Pretty cool Robin. The video was a little fuzzy, but it looked like that tree had some burls on it. Surely those didn't follow you home to the turning shed did they ? :laughing:

·
Registered
267 Posts
Robin.
Very nice work good thing the tree was close to your work.:thumbsup:

Bruce.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
thanks guys glad you enjoyed it. They looked like burls Darren but there was not much interesting happening inside so they didn't make bowls. Crossing tax? I would be happy even with a few pence for everyone that photographs it, its in a very heavily used spot on the penine way (our equivalent of the Appalachian trail)

·
Registered
535 Posts
Very cool bridge. I like how you chose a bent tree and used the bend in the tree to your advantage.

·
Registered
49 Posts
Awesome project. You invision excellent work for your community. If everybody thought as you do, the world would be a better place.

Long live RobinWood!

·
Registered
41 Posts
Hey Robin: Walt Rollison here in the Smoky Mountain area of East Tennessee. That's a beautiful bridge and a beautiful video. I hope we see more of your work.
Best regards, Walt/Litlhof.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts