Woodworking Talk banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
The building where my shop is located had a water leak on the floor just above my shop over the weekend and, of course, my table saw and disc sander both got wet and were covered with rust when I opened the door to my shop 3 days later. I removed the rust with vinegar and a lot of elbow grease but there still remains what appears to be just a stain and a little bit of roughness in the cast iron table. I took some 2000 grit wet/dry sandpaper to it for a little while but it had very little affect, I'd be there till Christmas removing the stains that way. If anyone has experienced anything like what I have just described and knows of a good way to get rid of the stain and just a very slight little bit of roughness on the cast iron surface please respond. Any and all comments are welcomed.

Mitchman

·
Registered
86 Posts
My first table saw the table was covered with rust. I first soaked the table down with WD40 and oil and let it set a few days, Then I went after it with 600 wet and dry sand paper. Then after cleaning it up with brake clean I went after it with rubbing compound. When I give it a good layer wax. It was a long time ago but as I recall It didn't look too bad when I was done. I also didn't keep that saw very long because it was underpowered and the motor would trip off.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.