Woodworking Talk banner
1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Got a new grizzly tablesaw last summer, stored in unheated workshop. I got slight rust over the top. I had put many coats of wax on it but still got rust. Any ideas on how to remove rust and prevent further. thank kevin

·
Registered
512 Posts

·
Registered
148 Posts
Isn't it a pad where one keeps furniture? :eek: :eek: :laughing:

umm, no, a furniture pad is that thing that wives and/or girlfriends are required to use every month or so, when nature requires it.

In other words, it's my favorite sweatshirt that she uses when she finally manages to dust the freakin' furniture around the house... what did you think I meant? LOL

:laughing:

But to answer the question for Daryl, a "furniture pad" is also known as a "moving blanket"... you've seen 'em, they're those big heavy-duty quilted blankets that you find in the back of U-Hauls and the like.

And to answer the thread question, hose the table top down with WD-40. Let it sit for a while, then get a pad of 0000 steel wool and apply liberal elbow grease.

Afterwards, give it another light spray with the WD-40 and let it ride....

·
Registered
512 Posts
umm, no, a furniture pad is that thing that wives and/or girlfriends are required to use every month or so, when nature requires it.

In other words, it's my favorite sweatshirt that she uses when she finally manages to dust the freakin' furniture around the house... what did you think I meant? LOL

:laughing:

But to answer the question for Daryl, a "furniture pad" is also known as a "moving blanket"... you've seen 'em, they're those big heavy-duty quilted blankets that you find in the back of U-Hauls and the like.
WEWWWWW, thought I was losing it for a minute.
And to answer the thread question, hose the table top down with WD-40. Let it sit for a while, then get a pad of 0000 steel wool and apply liberal elbow grease.

Afterwards, give it another light spray with the WD-40 and let it ride....
:thumbsup: :thumbsup:

·
Woodworker and Contractor
97 Posts
I keep my waxed and cover it with a henway.

Come on some one ask...

·
Registered
714 Posts

·
Woodworker and Contractor
97 Posts
Sorry, been out of town, a hen weighs about 7 lbs., 4 lbs plucked and clean:laughing:

1 - 20 of 22 Posts