Woodworking Talk banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello, I have a question, and thought the best people to ask would be those with experience...I have a coffee table and end table I am told are roxton maple. Are there any distinguishing features about this wood/stain I could use to confirm? They are orangy-wood colour, and very heavy. Wavy pattern around bases. When searching, all I can find are advertisements for this furniture online, no company info etc. Thanks.

·
Registered
4,690 Posts
Waterloo is in Ontario not Quebec.
I guess that lady was not as smart as she thought she was :laughing:. I did not know the difference though
, I bet I could not name a dozen things I know about Canada. Except I think you guys are up to something from rumors I have heard.

I bet she was right about cheap import furniture running them out of business though :chinese:

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Okay

Well thanks so much, for those who replied! Interesting to know it stopped manufacturing in 2005, and that yahoo info was more then I managed to find. I do have a picture, hopefully it uploads correctly.....and you're right, Windsor is in Ontario, it's the more-thought of. However there are others, i.e. Windsor, Nova Scotia (I guess it's our "Springfield", there's one everywhere...)

Attachments

1 - 7 of 7 Posts