Woodworking Talk banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a Black and Decker router and have just purchased a Bosch router table. The problem is my router will not fit the Bosch router plate. I'v tried contacting Bosch about an adapter plate. With any success. can anyone help me.
Thanks
Guy:

·
Sawdust Creator
8,046 Posts
Two options.....drill new holes or buy a new router. Bosch isn't going to have other plates as it's a special size plate just for their table. Sorry for the bad news.

·
Registered
12,970 Posts
Now that is something that all adds or catalogs should state. To me that would be a legitimate reason to return a purchase with all fees returned.

George

·
Sawdust Creator
8,046 Posts
I think it's pretty standard that you have to ensure that it will fit your router bolt pattern. You may have a hard time finding a decent table for a b&d router if they're not a standard pattern.

·
John
3,028 Posts
Not a big issue. I doubt the Bosch table will match with ALL the Bosch routers either. Just remove the plastic base plate from your router, fasten it to the table mounting plate (removed from table) centered as much as possible and use it for a drilling template to drill new mounting holes. Once you have the base plate removed from the router you may even find that the router has a secondary set of mounting holes that do match... if you're lucky.:smile:

·
Registered
212 Posts
Not to insult you, just checking, but you do know that you need to remove your router base plate to install on a table right....bolt patterns on routers are pretty standard these days, usually it follows the base plate hole pattern for any table including Bosch. I have a Bosch table and they fit pretty much any router, I even had a 20 yrs old skill in it at one time, skill and B&D birds of feather...lol

1 - 6 of 6 Posts