Woodworking Talk banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i have a dedicated router table but i am looking for more space, so i was thinking of putting one in the extension wing of my tables saw. I am worried about the weight of the router, causing the table to saq. What materials should i use and what can i do to deal with the weight of the router?

·
Registered
55 Posts
Better yet - throw the extension wing away and build a router cabinet with the same height/dimentions and use it as the extension wing. If you build a nice solid plywood bottom you can put in 4 tnuts and use bolts for the legs. then you should be able to get an exact height match even on an uneven garage floor.

This will give you more storage. A dust trap for you router and more floor space.

PS.. What saw are we talking about here?

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
i dont really want to put legs or a cabinet underneath the extension because i move the saw around a lot.

·
Registered
208 Posts
you could install a biesemeyer fence system. It has a heavy steel rail both front and back that overlaps the existing table as well as the extension.

Or if you don't want to put a silk hat on a pig, you could just install some angle iron under the tables so as not to interfere with your existing fence system.

Oh and btw I have a cabinet saw with a 36" ext table with legs. The saw is on a mobile base, and the legs do not hinder it at all. I pick it up on the leg side and steer it around, if I move it for something.

·
Registered
23 Posts
Adienner,

I've got the Ridgid 3650 as well and it's a great saw. If you check out the Ridgid forum you'll find a lot of info, tips and pictures of what fellow 3650 owners have done to solve your problem.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts