Woodworking Talk banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
235 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Finally finished my router table. Patterned after NYW design, but slightly scaled down. Router table and stand designed to "knock-down" for storage.

Table surface is 2" thick torsion box assembly. Mostly made from stuff I had laying around in my garage. Biggest $$ purchase was the "T" track from Rockler. Construction progress on table and fence shown in multiple other posts (mostly asking for help/advice - thanks, guys).

Works great so far. Now If I only had a project on which to use it :)

Attached photos show front view (with 40 year old home built bench-top router table in foreground - headed for recycling today), rear view and table and stand "knocked down" for storage.

Attachments

·
Registered
72 Posts
WOW, Very nice. Did you design it yourself or did you use some plans?

The more I get into woodworking the more I realize how much you can do with a router. In the future I plan on building a nice router table.

·
Registered
235 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
WOW, Very nice. Did you design it yourself or did you use some plans?
I used the New Yankee Workshop as the model. Scaled down the dimensions slightly (an inch or two off the length/width). Then I used my trusty CAD program to design the torsion box table, including the grid. The grid had to be customized to provide support under the "T" tracks and the router plate.

·
Registered
235 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Incredibly nice! Any chance of acquiring your plans?
Router table or knock down stand?

If you'll pm me with an address, I can e-mail you my plans for either, assuming we can hit on a file format usable for you. You can actually find "in-progress" reports & photos for both by looking at my posts on this site - probably as good as having the plans :)

1 - 5 of 5 Posts