Woodworking Talk banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
86 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok folks I have decided my next big project is to build a router table. Preferable a router cabinet with storage and dust collection.

what does everyone have in terms of best plans, videos, etc...

·
Registered
2,726 Posts
There really isn't any best plans . But the plan that suits you..

I've had this one around 18 years.
20200225_091346.jpg.30550ff6df12b530e95aa0227e9afae5.jpg

·
Ancient Termite
930 Posts
I built one similar to the one that Rebel has shown. The only basic differences was the router compartment. In the floor I put a 4 inch right angle dust collector fitting. flush with the floor. the dust collector is connected to that and out the back. The fence has a 2½ hose into the router compartment. Dust collection is good but not perfect. After gluing the right angle into the router compartment floor I used a belt sander to level the right angle with the floor.

Just remember your table height. Build it to the height that you are comfortable working at. I forgot the casters adding 6 inches. I could have lived without an extra drawer.

·
Registered
3,573 Posts
You can find many different router table plans (for a fee) at Woodsmith Shop, and many other plans elsewhere on the internet. ... or build a table that matches your needs, give it a flat top, and find a plan you like (or just visualize the design) for the fence and dust collection.

The most recent three seasons of Woodsmith Shop plans are free to download, so I always download them just in case, and also for study to improve my own designs. (So far, I draw my own plans, but I don't mind borrowing ideas from others.)

(There is a small folding router table for compact routers still available for free from Season 12, by the way.)
https://www.woodsmithshop.com/episodes/season12/1210/

I still think about making something like their large combination router table, which includes storage, dust collection and a mortiser feature that I like. They built it across multiple episodes of Season 11 on television. Unfortunately, Season 11 fell off the "free" list, so you would have to pay $13 to buy the plans today.
https://www.woodsmithplans.com/plan/combination-router-table/

1 - 5 of 5 Posts