Woodworking Talk banner
  • Hello Everyone! Let us know what you would spend a $50 Amazon gift card on, HERE For a chance to win a $50 Amazon Gift Card!
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
where's my table saw?
31,501 Posts

·
where's my table saw?
31,501 Posts
using a jig

Given the variety of bits they can use and jobs a router can do, no dust collecting solution will work for every instance. I wear safety goggles and a dusk mask when the dust is bad. Let it fly and clean it up when I'm done. I keep the floor clear around my work table, and after brushing all the chips to the floor they are relatively easy to sweep up.
When using a jig you don't need to see every cut, just follow the template. OK then, build a shroud or hood around the entire jig that snaps on and off or can be easily removed. use a 4" port for your DC. A rubber flap will allow air flow over the bumpy parts. Something like this:

OR this: http://www.rockler.com/product.cfm?page=11312&site=ROCKLER

·
where's my table saw?
31,501 Posts
You can't

Can't find a way to delete this!
You can , if no one posts after you by editing out everything and then clicking "new posts"
Once someone posts after you all you can do is type 4 characters WXYZ, none, edit, omit etc. for example and then click "submit reply" :blink:

·
where's my table saw?
31,501 Posts
this site would reaally benefit from a video capacity

I made a video on how to make the DC and how it's used, but the site wouldn't accept it, so I tried to delete the post.
Others have tried before so it's probably a software issue. :thumbdown: You will have to go to a third party host and then paste us a link.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.