Woodworking Talk banner
  • Hello Everyone! Let us know what you would spend a $50 Amazon gift card on, HERE For a chance to win a $50 Amazon Gift Card!
1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
John
3,028 Posts
Wondering what people do for the router dust. This is by and far the messiest tool I have. I am using a PC router with a PC dovetail jig and the dust that comes out is insane. Wondering if most people make their own unit or if there is a universal system available.
I think woodnthings is on the right track. Problem with dovetails is all the dust is being created below the bushing so vacuum from above would have to try and pull it past the bit and through the bushing to evacuate it. That is also trying to pull against the natural airflow of the router. I have a Rockler dovetail jig, which is a very similar design to the PC, that came with the dust collector shroud. It works very well, it does get in the way of the setup though. You might be able to fabricate something similar.:smile:

Attachments

1 - 1 of 1 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.