Woodworking Talk banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am looking at purchasing some router bits. I have a very old set of Craftsman bits that I am not very impressed with. I am looking at buying a set of Grizzly Router bits and wanted to know if anyone had any experience with them. The set I am looking at buying is the Super Duty Router Bits that are carbide tipped.

If there is another brand of router bit that someone would recommend, please post it. I appreciate any and all advice. Thanks.

·
In History is the Future
6,423 Posts
WdWkrCp said:
I am looking at purchasing some router bits. I have a very old set of Craftsman bits that I am not very impressed with. I am looking at buying a set of Grizzly Router bits and wanted to know if anyone had any experience with them. The set I am looking at buying is the Super Duty Router Bits that are carbide tipped.

If there is another brand of router bit that someone would recommend, please post it. I appreciate any and all advice. Thanks.
The Onsrud bits listed on eBay are quite the bang for the buck! If they have what you need, ya can't go wrong. Otherwise the griz bits are decent but I suggest checking out Eagle America they have American and import "price chopper" bits that are a bit cheaper...

~tom ...it's better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to open one's mouth and remove all doubt...

·
Registered
5,445 Posts
The Grizzly bits are decent import grade bits, but tend to get a little expensive after shipping. As mentioned, the MLCS bits are a good bang for the buck, and their Katana line is a step up for a little more $.

For highend bits I'm a fan of Infinity and Whiteside bits

·
In History is the Future
6,423 Posts
knotscott said:
The Grizzly bits are decent import grade bits, but tend to get a little expensive after shipping. As mentioned, the MLCS bits are a good bang for the buck, and their Katana line is a step up for a little more $.

For highend bits I'm a fan of Infinity and Whiteside bits
If you go with Whiteside, best prices I've found is pmcbits.com it's a place here, the website is cheaper after shipping than walking in and buying it!

~tom ...it's better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to open one's mouth and remove all doubt...

·
DRTYBYRD
484 Posts
If you go with Whiteside, best prices I've found is pmcbits.com it's a place here, the website is cheaper after shipping than walking in and buying it!

Hey FM, I think the site is http://www.pmcrouterbits.com/. the one you provided kept coming up empty. thanks for the pointer though.

Johnny

1 - 8 of 8 Posts