Woodworking Talk banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I and my wife have a problem. We have worked hard wiring and insulating and A/C a shed to make as a hunt shack. We picked up 80 pieces of rough cut pine from a mill, to panel the inside of the shed. But the pine was a bit moldy, the lumber yard said to brush off mold then bleach. We did this yesterday. Dried in the sun And was able to instal 3 of the four walls with pine. We realized it was to rain today so we stored the unused pine in the shed last night. This morning the mold was back on the unused boards. Not happy we called the mill, they told us the lumber was not able to be installed as it was green. The mill knew we were going to install ASAP. So!
We have now removed all our work and resprayed top and bottom of each board and stacked under our carport with stickers at each end and middle.
We are tired, very tired and hope the pine will be OK to work with in a few months? Thank you for any thoughts? Will the wood be usable or are we wasting more time waiting for it to cure? Thanks for your help.
Feel free to e-mail me. Tomm from central Florida. Building in Georgia
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,239 Posts
I and my wife have a problem. We have worked hard wiring and insulating and A/C a shed to make as a hunt shack. We picked up 80 pieces of rough cut pine from a mill, to panel the inside of the shed. But the pine was a bit moldy, the lumber yard said to brush off mold then bleach. We did this yesterday. Dried in the sun And was able to instal 3 of the four walls with pine. We realized it was to rain today so we stored the unused pine in the shed last night. This morning the mold was back on the unused boards. Not happy we called the mill, they told us the lumber was not able to be installed as it was green. The mill knew we were going to install ASAP. So!
We have now removed all our work and resprayed top and bottom of each board and stacked under our carport with stickers at each end and middle.
We are tired, very tired and hope the pine will be OK to work with in a few months? Thank you for any thoughts? Will the wood be usable or are we wasting more time waiting for it to cure? Thanks for your help.
Feel free to e-mail me. Tomm from central Florida. Building in Georgia
my opion, it need's to be kiln dryed to set the pitch in it, i don't belive it will ever be used for siding as green wood, the mold will come back and than it will start to rot , as you sprayed with bleach and you seen what happen again, if it were me i would take it back if they will , probly not with nail's holes? , i live in fla central east coast, i don't use pine in nothing at all good luck their may be some chime in's with a different version here is a google search also go here and read http://www.google.com/#sclient=psy-...853,d.aWM&fp=5e21328974ca8c13&biw=990&bih=542
 
1 - 3 of 3 Posts
Top