Woodworking Talk banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
A big hello from the Hawkeye state. I have been lurking for a long time and have decided my questions may have merit and help some others out.

I have what I consider a moderate amount of talent. I am an electrician by trade and was raised by a talented woodworker. Unfortunately I, like so many, did not pay attention to what he was trying to teach me but I did pick up a little. I've also learned that at this point there is very little I can't learn from YouTube or Google.

I have a modestly equipped shop. 10" table saw. Steel City "cabinet" saw. The saw is accurate and I like it. I bought it new and on sale and feel like I got a really good deal. However, I must run a thin kerf blade to rip hardwood over 6/4. Other than that I have had no power issues.

As well, I own and older still press, bench top, and a 4" jointer. Many hand tools.

I hope to continue learning from all of you. It really is much like a family here. Lots of support, a little picking and some mutual respect that had to be earned.

I'm a member of several forums and a quote I try to follow when posting is this, "It's a long road to wisdom and a short one to being ignored."

Thank you all.

·
Registered
834 Posts
Welcome!

·
Registered
1,223 Posts
Welcome!
I was once a "lurker" too.....
Lots you can learn here & friendly folks.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Thank you all for the kind welcomes. It is nice to know there are members so close.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts