Woodworking Talk banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Banned
60 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Have been searching for about a month now for a 50s table saw as I am on a budget (married). I have mostly seen delta and Powermatic which I get super interested in but are gone when I call. I came a across a Rodgers table saw but I can't find any information on it. Although I did find a site to help identify it did not give me any helpful info. It looks well built and I will probably need a phase converter which I am fine with. I just need to know if it is a quality saw. I know it has a Dayton motor frankenstiened on it. I just need info. Thanks guys

Attachments

·
Banned
60 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thank I did find a chat about a 30s Rodgers saw. Unfortunately, it didn't give me much background on the saw i am looking at or the company in general. Thanks for the link though it helped a little. :)

·
Banned
60 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
WarnerConstInc. said:
I have a good friend who has 4 or 5 Rogers saws. He talks highly about their simplicity and how wel they were built.
Wow that's always good to know. Do you know of he has had issues finding parts. It worries me that the company isn't around anymore.

·
Tool Fanactic
1,899 Posts
Wow that's always good to know. Do you know of he has had issues finding parts. It worries me that the company isn't around anymore.
As far as parts, I wouldn't worry about it too much. Most of my stuff is pre 1900, things can be brazed or parts made by most machine shops.

bearings, belts, electrical stuff, all off the shelf stuff.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts