Woodworking Talk banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Hi are you looking for a horse on bows or swing stand. I've just bought a couple of small sized Anthony Dew plans for both, but I've been using his plans for a medium size that I enlarged from his book for a few years now it makes for a very pretty horse (pic. attached). His sizes seem to come up a bit smaller than some others, his medium suits 5 - 8 years.

Regards

Pete

Attachments

·
Registered
789 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I was actually looking for one for a toddler....there is a plan in the back of the last issue of Wood magazine....I may end up ordering it...looked like a little seat with a cutout horse on the side.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Thanks Gerry, this was my third, 2 were gifts one was a paying commission, I've got 2 more on the go at the moment. What sort of things do you get involved with?

Pete

·
Registered
7 Posts
I missed giving you a compliment....it is beautiful. I cannot imagine the hours it took to carve them.
Don't worry about the compliment it wasn't the only reason I posted it!;)

I'm getting quicker, I reckon about 70 hours from start to finish now.

Regards

Pete

·
Registered
2,276 Posts
Hi Pete

I am currently building some bookcases for our home, refinishing doors, and scrounging up driftwood for carving and projects. I have rounded up some cedar slabs about 18 inches wide by 6 to 8 feet long that I want to carve faces into.

Gerry

1 - 9 of 9 Posts