Woodworking Talk banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
crosseyed & dyslexic
589 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've been on the fence for awhile now about getting myself a new
tablesaw. I have a pretty nice Jet contractors saw with a brand new
Delta T2 fence. Even with the new fence upgrade it still can't overcome the under powered motor. It works just fine for ply an 4/4 stuff.
I really like the Jet and have looked into just upgrading the motor, but I know I would love me a cabinet style saw even more :thumbsup:
So I am taking the hour drive north to Bellingham on Thursday with
my lovely wife and picking up a new saw!!! sweeeeet!
Still can't make up my frigging mind though between this
http://www.grizzly.com/products/G0690/images/1 or this
http://www.grizzly.com/products/G1023RL/images/0

any suggestions as to which one to buy? I've been bouncing back and forth on the website I'm confusing myself:eek:

Also, for anyone in the Seattle area who might be interested in a nice Jet saw, I'll make you a sweet deal.

·
Registered
5,445 Posts
The guts of the G1023RL are more updated than the G0690, but both have excellent track records. The G1023RL has a screw thread elevation mechanism for a true vertical raising of the arbor, it also has dovetail ways and a serpentine drive belt.

·
crosseyed & dyslexic
589 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
After much tire kicking today and at the risk of my
lovely wife leaving me for not being able to make up my dam mind. I went with the G0690!
I tell you what, if Grizzly were to combine some of what's best about both models I was looking at, they'd have one outstanding unit!
Either one is a big step up for me and I look forward to putting this saw thru it's paces.
I'll post some pics tomorrow in the review section.

·
Registered
1,183 Posts
Congrats on the new saw and I look forward to seeing some images of it in your shop. What was it about the one saw over the other that made you decide?

OT, but Knotscott, you are the go to guy when it comes to tablesaw knowledge. Thank you for being here and helping us with all our TS questions.

·
crosseyed & dyslexic
589 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks Paul! Well like knotscott said about the G0123 the screw thread elevation was indeed very cool, that feature alone almost got me on that model.
The G0690 had a wider rip cut, although only 4" it is nice to have.
I thought it was easier to use the hand wheels and to see the angle guage. The G0123 had really nice cast hand wheels but they were so darn big I could hardly see the numbers.
After reading several reviews about the problems with the dust collection shroud and the small 2" pipe and how several folks just ended up taking the whole thing off, that kind of started to sway me.
Like knotscott said they are both proven saws. The fit and finish on both are extremely nice. This is my third grizzly machine and both my G0453Z 15" planer and G0513X2 17" band saw have been nothing but a joy to use.
I'll be back up there in about 6 months for a 8" jointer.
Slowly all my old tools that have served me well are being replaced.

·
Registered
95 Posts
Definitely the white one! Then build yourself some sweet badass out feed tables to the right and at least 5 feet out in front of it so you can handle any narley piece of ply out there. Ps I just bought the 8" jointer the white polar bear series one with the upgrade spiral cutter head and just a heads up it has been awesome I love it.

·
Registered
618 Posts
Separate the T2 from your saw?

And congrats. I made a trip up to Grizzly about a month ago to pick up a G0555LNV 14" Bandsaw and riser block. Love it.

·
Registered
34 Posts
Congratulations. Enjoy your new machine. I don't have a Grizzly TS but do have a number of other machines and have liked them all.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts