Woodworking Talk banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Maybe 2 questions. Son and I built an outside movable bar, var top now needs to be replaced. Thinking of doing a river table top, but not sure how tgat would hold up.in the elements and mostly sun. Thoughts? Also, where are some good places to find the slabs to work with?

·
Super Moderator
Retired Craftsman
4,664 Posts
where are some good places to find the slabs to work with?
welcome to the forum, MT.
you might start with telling us what part of the world you live in.
I was looking at my local CraigsList yesterday and found a new guy in town that is selling slabs.
so you may want to check your local FaceBook MarketPlace and Craigslist. search for "slabs lumber".
also, for any sawmills are in your area.

·
Registered
Termite
4,999 Posts
Maybe 2 questions. Son and I built an outside movable bar, var top now needs to be replaced. Thinking of doing a river table top, but not sure how tgat would hold up.in the elements and mostly sun. Thoughts? Also, where are some good places to find the slabs to work with?
Wood is wood. Why not tile?

·
Smart and Cool
2,456 Posts
I wouldn't use a slab for that application. A nice piece of stone would be a great product for that application.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts