Woodworking Talk banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
208 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Have any of you fellers' had an experience, positive or otherwise, with the Rikon tools that I see at Woodcraft? They look like a decent mid-range tool to me, and they have a decent price tag. However I get nervous with an unfamiliar brand.

·
Registered
714 Posts
I bought this for under $200 last year. Fit and finish are good. Does what I need it to do. Dust extraction doesn't work reall well (on any of them, I've heard). I thought it was an excellent value.

·
Registered
58 Posts
Have any of you fellers' had an experience, positive or otherwise, with the Rikon tools that I see at Woodcraft? They look like a decent mid-range tool to me, and they have a decent price tag. However I get nervous with an unfamiliar brand.
Well, I've got the older Rikon (10-340)18" bandsaw and I'm very happy with it's performance. At the time the saw received great reviews on tests done in various magazines. No complaints so far with it.
Jim

·
Registered
1 Posts
I have the RIKON 10-345 18 bandsaw. Rikon had a few problems with a batch of motors but they changed suppliers and took care of the problem. I got one of the bad motors and I could not ask for any better customer service than they provided. I am very happy with my bandsaw and I will consider RIKON in my future purchases.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts