Woodworking Talk banner
  • Hello Everyone! Let us know what you would spend a $50 Amazon gift card on, HERE For a chance to win a $50 Amazon Gift Card!
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
5,445 Posts
Some Craftsman is junk, some not.... the 21828 is pretty much identical to the Ridgid R4516, both made by TTI/Ryobi. No idea how good either one is. I don't have much experience with portables, but I do know that the Bosch 4100, DW744, and Ridgid R4510 are typically the most highly regarded. The DW745 is smaller than the 744. I also know that setup and blade selection are huge factors in the end performance of any saw. Good luck, I'm sure someone with more insights will be along soon.

·
Registered
5,445 Posts
Don't know if Ebates.com works in Canada, but they're currently offering 6% Cashback for online purchases made at Sears (5% through HD). Enter their websites through Ebates.com, order online, pickup at the store with full return privileges, and the cashback will occur automatically in 60 days. Any other discount codes are still applicable too. :thumbsup:

You can pick up a decent $30-$40 blade from the Freud Diablo line, some Freud Industrial, Irwin Marples, DeWalt Precision Trim series, CMT ITK Plus at places like Lowes or HD....maybe even Amazon. Looks like Sears.CA doesn't offer much in suitable saw blades. A good 3/32" thin kerf will be easier for that saw to spin than a 1/8" full kerf.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.