Woodworking Talk banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Banned
60 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I think I may have made a mistake I went to go look at the saw above for 100 bucks. The saw has issues the granite was broke straight through and the spindle isn't fixed. It is brand new but the boxes were all open and who knows what was missing. Any thoughts on if I should take another 30 min trip up there if it's still around. The guy seemed like a real low life that's why I was hesitant. Just wondering what everyone thinks if it is worth it with the problems

·
Papa Red
1,165 Posts
It is a good saw but not with a broken top. The arbors were supposed to be changed out like mine was by ridgid. It took a lot a crap on forums because granite was new and not cast iron. I enjoy the saw.

Red

·
Registered
27 Posts
I have one and love it! My only complaint is, its not portable! Which really isn't a downfall of the unit considering its marketed a table saw ;)

I just need a job site saw for my needs currently.

Sorry I can't answer your question...

·
Banned
60 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I agree I just looked up the parts last night and the top alone $529.00 only 20 dollars less than a new 4512. I think I have my answer!

·
Registered
5,445 Posts
I agree I just looked up the parts last night and the top alone $529.00 only 20 dollars less than a new 4512. I think I have my answer!
Steel City makes some cast iron saws with pretty much the same innerds.....wonder what they charge for cast iron? Is the original granite top repairable?

1 - 10 of 10 Posts