Woodworking Talk banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Old Methane Gas Cloud
3,500 Posts
I can't say much about Ridgid but I really like my DW-708. The DW-708 is the previous model but it has been a work horse for me.

I've looked at the current crop of SCMS at trade shows. In a nut shell, I can't spend the dollars to replace a saw that works so well.

·
Registered
11 Posts
I have the DeWalt 12" SCMS and love it. I too, contimplated the Rigid or the DeWalt. After playing with both, the Rigid seemed a little cheesy to me. It just didn't seem to be built as well as the DeWalt. Just my opinion
[/QUOTE

·
Registered
11 Posts
hey guys, thinking about a 12" scms, what ya think the ridgid at 400, or the dewalt at 450?
Not sure of your budget or setup, but I bought the Bosch. It is heavy, which may or may not matter to you. Also, you might want to check the specs between the 10" and 12" saws. I was surprised to find out how little you gain by going with the 12". The 10" has more availability at less cost per blade. The Bosch design allows it to be placed against the wall without need for clearance in the back, which was a huge plus for me. BTW, Menards carries them and you can find the 11 percent sales frequently. Let us know what you decide and why.

Steve.

·
Interested Observer
1,051 Posts
I own a DWS782. It is a dumbed down DWS780. I am very happy with it. I bought it second hand and after a few transactions including buying and selling a DW716 and selling the stand that came with the slider it is sitting there for $90. I also have a DCS361 that I use about once a year. I believe that is a pretty nice saw as well. So, I like my Dewalt miter saws.

I have never handled a Ridgid saw other than grabbing the handle in a store. They seem like a nice saw.

Good luck. Fun time buying a new saw.

·
Registered
2,737 Posts
New dewalts arent as good as the older models. Ridgid may have improved since the original post

1 - 9 of 9 Posts