Woodworking Talk banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was thinking that one thing that I think would bring allot of traffic. If under the tool section, there was a big review area, kinda like amazon, where allot of the tools are listed (It would be a ton of work), but the list isnt composed by the members, it would have to be done by the moderators, but made to look like it was done by no-one. Then set it up where members could vote on thier tools on a five star method, but they wouldnt be able to vote until they had like 20 posts, so we know that they are sticking around and have a little bit of knowledge. I know that I am constantly searching for reviews of certain tools and allot of sites make you pay for the reviews that they have acquired. ie. Consumer Reports. and at the same time, some web sites like Amazon, your not sure if someone just happened to come across the tool and voted at random, or read the two other comments and copied what they said. So we would have a comunity where we would know the others reviewing, and be able to discuss thier exact dislikes and likes about the tools, which on other review web sites, there is no interaction between the voters.

This might be somthing that you could bring Dewalt, Bosch, Hilti, or the likes of, in on so that they would be able to have a greater sample of what the pros really think.

It would definitely be allot of work, and with a little bit of time, I think that it would be the strongest draw to this site.

Clint
Desert Door and Trim

·
Registered
757 Posts
Hmmm.... let me look into some options. GREAT IDEA THOUGH!

·
Registered
98 Posts
HHMM sounds great ...
Or you could do something like let members post a particular tool that they have along the same guidelines mentioned , and have others who have the same tool put their input into it as well ..

·
Registered
757 Posts
I found one solution but I'm not thrilled with how it works.

I am looking into this though. It's something I've been looking at for ContractorTalk.com too.

·
Super Moderator
4,372 Posts
Great idea...I would love to try that $800 pocket hole jig...long as I get to keep it.
Hey... I said it first, give it to me:laughing: .

1 - 7 of 7 Posts