Woodworking Talk banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I found a 1958 10 inch craftsman 113.29990 table saw. The only part I can't fix or find is the overload protector assembly (the red button) on the back of the 3/4 HP motor. The motor # is 115.19810 and the part # for the overload button is 5220407. Dose anyone know a source for this part? These seem to be great saws and I hope to find another to do. Thanks in advance.

Brian

·
where's my table saw?
29,427 Posts
An electric motor repair shop may have one

ask for Tony or Pete: http://www.electric-motor-works.com/store/index.php

or a place like this: http://gearmotorblog.wordpress.com/2009/09/21/thermal-overload-protectors/
That's an ancient motor. I have a 1 HP motor, that powered my 10" Craftsman 100 saw, a small red reset button on the motor housing. It's possible to eliminate that part and use a on/off switch with a overload breaker built in. Should draw about 10 to 12 amps for a 3/4HP motor so size the switch accordingly. Mine has never tripped in all the years of use. :blink: bill

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks Bill. The manual starter/overload was my plan B if I could not find the correct part. I think the aftermarket thermal overload website is a cool idea, new plan B. The saw is almost 100% original so it will drive me crazy if I can't find the few parts I am lacking.

Although I am not sure I want to use the blade guard I am looking for that too. I have the mounting bracket and it just doesn't seem right not to have it.

Again thanks

·
where's my table saw?
29,427 Posts
I probably have the manual

I'll check. I can't remember what the guard looks like, maybe the manual will jog my memory. I ran that saw for 45 years or so.ew bearings, I still have the aluminum tilt ways, maybe a chrome knob, a motor mount. Are you missing any parts? The fence had a rack and pinion near the blade to set the distance to the blade. :huh: bill

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Bill,

For $80.00 at a garage sale it came with the original rip fence, miter gauge, pedestal, wench and two extensions. No pitting of even rust on the table. If you have any advice on how to keep it that way I would love to here it. I found motor and arbor bearings. I milled out the broken stud for the belt tensioner and taped for a 1/4-20 stud.

Are copies of the manual online? I found the saw 4 days ago and am shocked by the amount of info and interest there is in these saws.

Brian

·
where's my table saw?
29,427 Posts
It's possible to find a manual

But if you can't, post here. I'll get in touch. BTW a manual really won't help much for parts since they are discontinued. It would make a nice "accessory" for your restoration however. :thumbsup: bill
As far as rust prevention some use a silicone free paste wax, others Boeshield, myself I use Gibbs lubricant and keep the shop dry with a dehumidifier or AC in the summer.

·
Registered
3 Posts
I've got a complete abor asembly w/trunions and the table for the Cman 100. the sheet metal was shot. Its a little rusty but restorable. It was a road side find.
P/M me if interested. Need room in the shop.

·
Registered
230 Posts
If you have the Manual, could you post a copy of it here or pm. I might have the same saw November 6th.
I found a 1958 10 inch craftsman 113.29990 table saw. The only part I can't fix or find is the overload protector assembly (the red button) on the back of the 3/4 HP motor. The motor # is 115.19810 and the part # for the overload button is 5220407. Dose anyone know a source for this part? These seem to be great saws and I hope to find another to do. Thanks in advance.

Brian

1 - 12 of 12 Posts