Woodworking Talk banner
1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
403 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I recently acquired a used and abused Bosch 4000 Table Saw. It is in good mechanical shape, but is dinged up, had concrete on the TS surface, as well as painters tape.

The fence was missing, the insert bent, the splitter absent.... So far this is what I have done:

The first pic is of after removing the tape an scraping off the residue with goo off and a chisel.

I used SOS pads and 320 grit sandpaper. Huge difference.

The fence is in the mail, and the insert is in my bench vise being bent into shape at this very moment.

Attachments

·
Registered
344 Posts
Sarge240 said:
I recently acquired a used and abused Bosch 4000 Table Saw. It is in good mechanical shape, but is dinged up, had concrete on the TS surface, as well as painters tape. The fence was missing, the insert bent, the splitter absent.... So far this is what I have done: The first pic is of after removing the tape an scraping off the residue with goo off and a chisel. I used SOS pads and 320 grit sandpaper. Huge difference. The fenc
e is in the mail, and the insert is in my bench vise being bent into shape at this very moment.
Looks good can we c a pic of it as a whole

·
Registered
403 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Don't be fooled, it's not sawdust that's covering it! It's concrete mix. I asked him, and he told me it was in a job and it sat next to where they were mixing concrete.

The stuff got all over the top, so they put tape on it to band aid it.

Attachments

·
Registered
395 Posts
Too is now clean and smooth. The insert had so many scratches, I had to reprint it after cleaning it off.
re-print or re-paint?

:huh:

·
Registered
236 Posts
I think the top is magnesium. Looking good Sarge. Peachtree has zero clearance inserts for the Bosch 4000. The table extensions are also a great option. I also use the small miter sled from Rockler too.
May want to consider replacing the motor brushes, looks like that saw has some miles on it.
Just trying to spend more of YOUR money.

·
Registered
403 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Lol, well thank you Burt.

I am making a sled now for it. I am looking at the zero tolerance inserts, as well as the dado inserts.

I'm going to experiment tomorrow with making an insert, as well as making my own hardwood miter gauge.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.