With the decks finished I have been working on installing the trim and making/replacing some of the damaged pieces.
The bow strip was a piece I was concerned about. Had to start by laminating up some stock to get the thickness I needed. Then cutting it to fit.
The end next to the windshield has a v notch on a compound angle. The other end is just an angle but it has a little flat on the bottom. So I couldn't just cut the angle long and then trim to sneak up on it. Had to cut it all by hand. Alittle work with the rasp and it fit!
Never liked the factory scoops. I found these old chrome ones on EBay a year ago and bought two sets. Put them in place with the factor lights and hated the way it looked.
I looked at this for at least a week. Tried different things and finally realized it was the lights I didn't like. I loved the scoops so I decided to by new light that mount below the gunwale and just keep the scoops.
There is another set that goes amidship. They look far better than the plastic ones that it came with.
There is a lot of other small parts I have had to make. I had the original for these but they did not look good up against the new sapele inwales I had to make. So I just resawed up a couple of blanks and made new ones that would match better.
Today I want to finish making all the trim. Then I will need to spend a week staining and varnishing all of it.
About time to take a look at the engine, get it fired up and tested. It was running fine but while it is out I want to see if needs freshening up.