Woodworking Talk banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have made several searches and can't find anything.

How do I resize jpeg pictures to meet the 97.7 kb limit.? I have several more I would like to post but they are too big.
I have Windows 8 on a HP All In One.

I used to do it on an old XP.

·
johnep
2,122 Posts
Load into Paint and resize there.
Also can do on photobucket. Reasonab;e posting size abot 340 pixels x 240.
johnep

·
Registered
157 Posts
If you use microsoft mail, right click on the image, go to send, mail recpt. and it will ask you what size you want. Send it to yourself open the email save the attachment and now you have the new size.

Bob

·
Old School
24,017 Posts
Whatever image editor you use, resize to 800-900 pixels wide or less. The height doesn't matter. If you use paint, the existing sizes don't show I don't think, and the choices for resizing are either in percentage or pixels. So, be careful which one you use.

If you rezise, and you use the same tag/name for the image, make sure you get the window that tells that one already exists...do you want it replaced. You check "replace". If not, you should rename your image, so there's no confusion. That will also save your original image if you ever need it.

·
Half a bubble off.. {Θ¿Θ}
548 Posts
I needed this..
I tried a couple browser based utilities & they pixelated the heck out of it.. I've tried "gimp" before but it seems to want to save with it's own format.
The download that Dave Paine recommended http://www.freepictureresizer.com/ seemed to work fine for me and did what I asked rapidly.
Now I need to figure out how to make attachments and text do what I want them to do..:blink:
Thanx Dave.
..Jon..

·
7,222 Posts

·
Registered
3,391 Posts
I needed this..
I tried a couple browser based utilities & they pixelated the heck out of it.. I've tried "gimp" before but it seems to want to save with it's own format.
You are correct in saying that it wants to save in its own format. All image software does the same thing.

However, the export function allows you to create any format you want. All you have to do is open the image, then use the Image menu and select scale image. Type in the width you want (I use 620) and it handles the height by itself. Then use the File menu and select Export. Choose a folder and select the JPG option. Now answer the resolution question and that's it. You can then close the original image without saving so you always have the original photo exactly as your camera took it.

Like anything else in life, you have to figure out how to use it before you can accomplish anything. You weren't born knowing how to walk were you? :laughing:

·
Registered
2,644 Posts
Almost every picture can be cropped...anywhere from a little to a lot to improve the composition of the image. Then resize it when you save the pic. I save them with meaningful names in a separate folder. I usually set the pixels at 1000 pixels on the longest side.

With that said, the better the editing program, the better your results will come out. It really helps if you can adjust the exposure, color temperature, contrast, etc. Most editing programs have an "Auto" that will help make your images look better...that is if they are in focus. :)

1 - 14 of 14 Posts