Woodworking Talk banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1,028 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i had a bunch of blades (4) resharpend and they dont really cut as good as as BNIB blades. is this normal? i have cut one almost complete log with this one and part of another and on wide stuff it seems like theyre already riding the back beaings. the logs (pine) are green, clean, and metal free. with the BNIB blades i was cutting like 5-6 logs on a blade.... i think im gonna order some woodmizer blades and let them sharpen them and chunk out these munkfors sagar blades. TIM I NEED U BRO!!!!!!

·
Sawing against the Wind
2,383 Posts
I'm not sure on your smaller bandwheel saw but the munsfer?? blades are the way I'm going when I finish using up my woodmizers, don't get me wrong....the woodmizers have done me good but the munsfers?? operate on my saw setup better....I did find out a sawblade tension meter is something you'll need, my Hud-son torque specs were not even close for the blades(note*the munsfers operate at a lot higher psi than the mizers) and I used 1 1/2 years under tensioned and now my woodmizers properly tensioned work better ....and seem to last longer between changes....but there's so many factors that play into the blades endurance between sharpening....Dirt/sand plays hades on a saw tooth...most dirt ain't soft, it's full of sand, grit small rocks and in my area the rocks are flint type hardness.
There's a lot to properly resharpening the blades and set is critical. I think ther's a munsfers main outlet and they also resharp. There's also a woodmizer and resharp in Ga. .....factory resharping is a little more expensive but usually has some benefits and they check blades closer. I do use a non-factory resharpener but he's up on the knowledge.

the blade tension guide is a MUST!!! I have a Lenox. And the blade of choice is the one that performs the best on YOUR saw and sawing techniques. EVERYONE has a differ opinion!!!

Have a Blessed and Prosperous day in Jesus's Awesome Love,
Tim

·
Registered
1,028 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
i talked to Suffolk machine or w/e and he said my small wheels were work hardening the MS blades and they are too thick for my mill. he reccamended the .035 thick blades. not arguing ur point just saying

·
Sawing against the Wind
2,383 Posts
I agree, I was wondering about your wheel diameter and thought the munsfers ( I need to learn how to spell it if I'm gonna use 'em LOL) were thicker...the width I like cutting needs that extra stiffness of a thicker blade. BUT the tension gauge made the difference in my saws performance....not that I haven't mentioned it before:blink::blink:

Have a Blessed and Prosperous day in Jesus's Awesome Love,
Tim

1 - 4 of 4 Posts