Woodworking Talk banner
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
197 Posts
Now that's thinking outside the box. Had you not said they were 2 old chairs I wouldn't have known. Perfect .. I really like it. :thumbsup:

·
Senior Something
1,126 Posts
The more I look at it, the more I like it. I didn't say this earlier, but it looks like a side table or serving table you butler would bring to you table during your dinner. :laughing: Plates, etc, on top, coffee pot on bottom.

Seriously, though, where did the two top rails (front & back) come from? None of the scraps apear to be long enoung.

·
Registered
902 Posts
I don't know,I found it a little unpolished idea. But it still very creative and unique! The effort and craftsmanship involve in this project is nicely presented.

·
Registered
60 Posts
Looks great! I just made an outdoor bench with two re-purposed chairs myself. Feels good using something that will most likely be discarded.

·
Registered
82 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
The more I look at it, the more I like it. I didn't say this earlier, but it looks like a side table or serving table you butler would bring to you table during your dinner. :laughing: Plates, etc, on top, coffee pot on bottom.

Seriously, though, where did the two top rails (front & back) come from? None of the scraps apear to be long enoung.
I had three chairs. Got the for 3 dollars at a resale store couldn't decide what to do with it. The two long ones are off the back of the 3rd.
I started to make some little handles to make it a serving tray kinda thing. Not that it would get used like that. But decided to leave it closer to chairs. Had to refinish them they were. Ugly colored wood

·
Registered
82 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Looks great! I just made an outdoor bench with two re-purposed chairs myself. Feels good using something that will most likely be discarded.
I saw one on here probably was yours made me remember so I decided to post this one. Maybe inspiration to others. I get a good bit of free granite from the cut outs of sinks. Havent did much with it.

·
Registered
3,339 Posts
Very nice Mike!

Well done.

·
Registered
82 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Granite is glued.

I haven't really thought of what to call it. I did think it looked like some kind of serving tray

·
Registered
656 Posts
Like it. The wood looks great with granite. It's an original design using old chairs, great way to recycle and giving new life to old stuff. Great job! I call it a Chray- chair and tray.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts