Woodworking Talk banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
In my shop there is an area between my workbench and a storage cabinet where one of my shop carts usually end up. It provides an extra space to stack stuff instead of piling it on top of the workbench.
Last month I built a new tool box for the shop (link), and enjoyed the project so much that it got me to taking a hard look at the shop carts. Time to replace the purchased cart next to the workbench with a shop-built one that would make more efficient use of the space, and provide more storage space. It was a fun two-day project that used up a lot of scraps from the wood rack. Simple wooden slides work well for drawers as long as you do not plan on filling them up with very heavy things.

Attachments

·
Registered
1,400 Posts
I'm beginning to trip over my scrap box and need to do something... you got me thinking hard now. That is a wonderful addition to your beautiful workshop I'm sure you're proud of it.

·
Registered
336 Posts
I am wondering how you get any work done in your shop. It way too CLEAN. :yes:

Great cart, it should serve you for many years to come... Awesome job. :thumbsup:

·
Wood Snob
5,963 Posts
Very nice cart and great way to work. I have one I built that resembles your store bought. I load it with the tools I need for the task at hand and roll it up to the project rather than making trips to and fro.

I didn't need the extra drawers but would welcome them just the same.

Al

Friends don't let friends use stamped metal tools sold at clothing stores.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts