Woodworking Talk banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
194 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I found an Old, craftsman 6" jointer. I would estimate it's from the 60s...

Will I be able to get replacement blades?

·
Registered
194 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I don't know, yet. He's going to get me the model number, but the weather is very bad and I have to wait.

The top of the one you linked looks similar, but his has a stand.

Here's a picture, is it the same?

·
Registered
26,869 Posts
If it were me I would just buy some off ebay and have them delivered. They don't have to be sears knives. Most any 6" jointer knives will work.

·
where's my table saw?
28,580 Posts
watch the thickness

There are 2 thicknesses of blades in that length. I believe that the Craftsman jointer takes the 1/8" thick blades.

From Holbren: http://www.holbren.com/jointer-planer-knives/

SVB6125625093 - 6-1/8: 5/8" 3/32" 3 $14.02
SVB6125625125 - 6-1/8" 5/8" 1/8" 3 $16.82

·
Registered
5,445 Posts
+1 on Holbren. There are also lots of choices with Grizzly, Amazon, Hart Tool, Infinity, Rockler, Woodcraft, and others....no worries! :thumbsup:

·
Registered
1,183 Posts
I think Holbren is A+ for jointer blades. Great prices and fast shipping. I got a set of Titan knives for my 8" Delta delivered for 22.50. It seems cheaper to order new knives than have them sent out for sharpening.

·
Registered
194 Posts
Discussion Starter #12 (Edited)
It's the exact same one, the seller sent me a picture of the model number.

Thanks!

... I found the manual for this jointer. It's horrendous! I guess people couldn't spell or understand grammar, even back then. My favorite error is "operation tighten."

Looks just like it. 103.23900 is the model number on the one I just bought. It's a King-Seeley made Craftsman.

·
Registered
33 Posts
Is it the one off the Vintage Tools website? If not, does your page 5 look like it's two pages overlapped? I'm curious to see if this is by design or is there actually something good underneath the page.

·
Registered
1,151 Posts
It's the exact same one, the seller sent me a picture of the model number.

Thanks!

... I found the manual for this jointer. It's horrendous! I guess people couldn't spell or understand grammar, even back then. My favorite error is "operation tighten."
The tool was made in China, and the manual is probably translated from Chinese. Shame on Sears for not redoing it.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts