Woodworking Talk banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a crack/hole that has formed on my kids slide. Figured I would see if anyone on here has a good technique to fix it.

It is in a fairly flexible spot on the slide, however it is near the side so for the most part it is not slid directly over, however my fear is that a toe or finger could get caught in it. Right now I put some high strength tape over it, seems to work but would like to do something more permanent.

Kevin

·
7,222 Posts
I have a crack/hole that has formed on my kids slide. Figured I would see if anyone on here has a good technique to fix it.

It is in a fairly flexible spot on the slide, however it is near the side so for the most part it is not slid directly over, however my fear is that a toe or finger could get caught in it. Right now I put some high strength tape over it, seems to work but would like to do something more permanent.

Kevin
A picture would help the readers better understand.

How about fibreglass resin on the slide and a piece of fibreglass + resin underneath.

·
Banned
3,535 Posts
The problem with fiberglass is the resins don't typically adhere well to plastics... I'd probably patch it with something like a click-bond style epoxy and then sand it in... you'll probably need a filler material if the hole's much bigger than a quarter inch though.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts