I hate this I can't keep typing because the words disappear. Bummer.
The worst of it is the base. So doing a little reading and watching videos on how to clean it up, I decided to buy evaporust. I soaked the base and some smaller parts for about 15 to 18 hours.
Then I removed it and its still rusty. The smaller parts I cleaned up well with a wire brush.
I wasn't happy with the results and being $29.00 a gallon at Horror freight I wasn't buying anymore.
I remembered someone doing electrolysis here on WWT, so I decided to give it a try.
No more talk here's what I've got so far.
This is my first time doing this, so hope it works.
Here it's apart and you can see the rusted parts.
That's how the base looked after evaporust.
As far as the pole, I used iron out and a scotch bright pad and it cleaned up well. Ill wet sand it as best as I can.
The base is in and it's suspended up about an 1"1/2 I also used two old saw blades as an anode.
Hooked up to the battery charger
Now with the water in. 13 gallons and one Tbls of baking soda for each gallon.
Here's after 15 min of turning on charger.
It's bubbling a little bit, but the white I'm not sure what its doing. Looks like its working. Ill wait for awhile and check again.
Sorry so long to read but thanks for looking.