Woodworking Talk banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Learning the Hobby
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Glad to have come across this site as I'm new to the hobby of woodworking. I've got very limited experience, but my brain is becoming quite full with the possibilities.

My wife and I just bought a house in April and it has a heated 24'x10' climate controlled (kind of - stays around 50 F year round) and enclosed area behind the garage that I'm slowly filling with tools much to her chagrin.

I'm looking at doing little projects (first one is making a tabletop for a base that we have) like picture frames, boxes, etc.

I'm 30 years old, been married just over a year, am an avid Vikings (though they hurt my heart) and Badger fan, run my own small business, have 2 dogs named Clark Kent and Bruce Wayne, like long walks on the beach, yada yada.

Looking forward to meeting more of you and being a part of the community.

Reed

·
Registered
834 Posts
Welcome!

·
Learning the Hobby
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Where in MN?

The wife wants the shop to be storage so I will be designing something to get the most possible work space.

·
Registered
825 Posts
Where in MN? The wife wants the shop to be storage so I will be designing something to get the most possible work space.
About 90 miles west of you on HiWay 212. Renville. My shop is 14' x 14' and plenty big for building with hand tools. I try to keep everything I own small. Stuff accumulates to fill space available.

·
Registered
1,223 Posts
Where in MN?

The wife wants the shop to be storage so I will be designing something to get the most possible work space.
Welcome, and good luck there. I find the storage and work area concepts to be mutually exclusive when it comes to how the spouse thinks.
Make some nice things she likes and it'll get better (not going to say how I know that)

Reactions: kabyt

·
Learning the Hobby
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
The 14x14 room isn't bad. The 9.5' width on my room is limiting. Nice to have temp controlled though.

·
Cedar Box Maker
165 Posts

·
Registered
1,439 Posts
Glad to have come across this site as I'm new to the hobby of woodworking. I've got very limited experience, but my brain is becoming quite full with the possibilities.

My wife and I just bought a house in April and it has a heated 24'x10' climate controlled (kind of - stays around 50 F year round) and enclosed area behind the garage that I'm slowly filling with tools much to her chagrin.

I'm looking at doing little projects (first one is making a tabletop for a base that we have) like picture frames, boxes, etc.

I'm 30 years old, been married just over a year, am an avid Vikings (though they hurt my heart) and Badger fan, run my own small business, have 2 dogs named Clark Kent and Bruce Wayne, like long walks on the beach, yada yada.

Looking forward to meeting more of you and being a part of the community.

Reed
A Badger fan from Minnesota...."WOW". Make a few things for the wife, it goes a long way to salve the chagrin. Welcome.

·
Registered
303 Posts
I'm also from Minneeesoooota. SW corner, Murray Co. Welcome to the "sawdust club". You picked a good time to join. Winter has me house bound most of the time so I spend my time here, keeping my brain alive and my typing fingers nimble. My shop is now in 1/2 of our basement. You can see some of my work at my Shutterfly webpage...

https://mnsawyerswoodworkingandartworks.shutterfly.com/pictures

Click on any album title, then click the forward arrow to see all of them,,,some have more than one page worth of pics.

Have fun and don't be afraid to ask questions or start a chat.

~MNsawyer~

1 - 14 of 14 Posts