Woodworking Talk banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Super Moderator
4,426 Posts
Nice to see the old fashion hinges in use. I use to use them a lot on projects. How did you make the doors?

Reactions: adot45

·
Registered
364 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 · (Edited)
Hi Leo, I like the old looking hinges too. The doors are frames put together with pocket screws. The backs are routed out 3/8. I put a raised panel in the top one and 1/4 lauan plywood in the bottom one. I routed a decorative profile on the front stopping 3/4" from the corners. Thanks for the comment. Dave

Here's another cabinet I made using those style of hinges.

·
Super Moderator
4,426 Posts
I have all the tools and cutters to do it. I have 3 shapers. Cope on one, Stick on another and panel on the last. My color is also a historically correct color.

·
Registered
364 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Holy cow, what a setup. I'm a novice but I got interested in woodworking originally to do cope and stick styles and rails. I haven't got that far yet but I am having a lot of fun in this very enjoyable hobby. The color of your cabinet is outstanding.

·
Super Moderator
4,426 Posts
I've been doing this for more than 25 years now. I have a shop that I run my business out of. I need to have the tools to git r done in a timely fashion. I don't do much of the older looking work anymore. More time consuming and it takes a special client to want to afford to have it done.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts