Woodworking Talk banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Just call me Sir
287 Posts
Hi John you got me on this one, going to have to have some though on it, i like it and not sure about it, something bothers me and not sure what, the holes below the finial are they random or have you mist one or is it just the way the pic is, seams a gap. The box would have looked nice with a puzzle pattern burnt in, will get back when i work out whats bothering me,:thumbsup: Oh what you doing painting over nice wood:censored: had to swear could not spell Philistine :laughing: LB

·
Registered
220 Posts
I think it's pretty cool and very interesting at the same time but I'm curious to see whats buggin' LB too. Very nice work John:thumbsup: .even if you did :censored: paint it!!!:laughing: Mark

·
Registered
3,257 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
LB I agree, there is something that bothers me. I don't know exactly what it is. I tried to make the vertical lines random and then the cross pieces were supposed to be a sort or rectangle. Not really a puzzle design but just sort of a repetitive idea to the patterns.
The more I look at it the more it looks like Muscle tissue so I might lead the piece in this direction.
The form started out copying a sugar shaker at my mother house but I thought it would work better as a box with a finial.

·
Just call me Sir
287 Posts
John i like it but still something bothering me about it, it will come. I think it would have been nice with puzzle design on it, might do one myself, if it started life as a sugar shaker i supose your trying to pase it off as a sweet box, its a nice box but i would not say sweet hee hee.
Well i have spent half a day in the workshop and a mate had to go home as i could not let him in the wife had gone out and the silly woman locked the back door with the key in, good job i did not get caught short. women. Great start to my birthday. LB..

1 - 5 of 5 Posts