Woodworking Talk banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
94 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello! I'm Bill, and I'm pretty darn new to the whole woodworking scene (does it have a "Scene"? I guess that sounded silly). I started with a woodworking company in the shipping department, and I am starting to become interested in the idea of creating things that last. Not just last, like a bad lasagna in the fridge that I havent worked up the courage to eat or let the cat play with, I mean, last. Last and have a purpose. Or, at least, be very impressive to look at (unlike that lasagna, again). A friend of mine was quite interested in older woodworking techniques, pre-powertools and all that, and that stuck in my brain a bit. Now, working in a shipping department for a woodworking company, I'd like to learn more. I'll be lurking a lot, hope thats ok. When I have something intelligent to add (like, perhaps, how NOT to cook a lasagna), I'll chime in. Thanks, and have a good one!

·
Registered
1,461 Posts
Bill,
I've had lasgna that tasted much like wood. I think it was pine because it was a little on the soft side. Too soft to get a nail to hold in it, but too hard to eat. I ended up gluing it to my cat.

·
Registered
94 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Bill,
I've had lasgna that tasted much like wood. I think it was pine because it was a little on the soft side. Too soft to get a nail to hold in it, but too hard to eat. I ended up gluing it to my cat.
:icon_smile:

I aimed for the stars when I cooked Lasagna (heck, I was pretty proud that I learned to spell it) (I did spell it right, right?). I'll stick with Toast for a while. That I can do.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts