Woodworking Talk banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
re: Machinist's chest, need plans and someone to build them

Hi guys,
Sorry for the bad form here but as I'm not a woodworker I wasn't sure where to put a question like this.

I own a small CNC tooling company. We sell mostly metalworking related items although the basic concepts of turning and milling are similar I suppose to what you guys do.

My question concerns "machinist's chests". Gerstner is probably the most well known modern manufacturer.
I am looking for plans to build the same product but maybe with a few improvements. I've seen some plans from Veritas, they're close but not quite the same as the Gerstner chest. Lee Valley has some too, also close but not identical.

I am also actively seeking someone to build these chest's for me on a limited production basis. A part time or retired person would be perfect. No reasonable cost would be spared in the manufacture. I want people to see the finished product and say "wow, that's incredible". The chest's will be serial numbered and signed by the builder. I intend for them to be heirloom quality and to appreciate in value.

If anyone here has suggestions for plans or where I might recruit a talented individual (preferably in the southeast) I would much appreciate it.
Please pass the word.
Good luck and thanks in advance,
Curtis Payne
Toolsource Inc.
[email protected]
www.spindlemax.com

·
Old School
24,027 Posts
If anyone here has suggestions for plans or where I might recruit a talented individual (preferably in the southeast) I would much appreciate it.

WELCOME TO THE FORUM

I have two pictured in "My Gallery". Those are very basic chests of my own design. Check your "Private Messages" for more details.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Yes, the Gerstner models 52 and 41D are considered the benchmarks by machinists.

Thanks for the replies and considerations. :thumbsup:

Mike, YGM.

Anyone else?

·
Pianoman
708 Posts
Tell me what you want. I can build you a proto type complete with planes and a cut list to your specs. Or you can turn me loose. My E-Mail Address is on here somewhere . Rick

1 - 7 of 7 Posts