Woodworking Talk banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1,021 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just FYI.
In Dave’s post about the depth gauge DaveTTC mentioned magnets. (I’m not sure about shipping to AU)
I purchased 20 of the magnets in this link; they were only about 45 cents at that time but at 60 cents still pretty inexpensive.
http://www.kjmagnetics.com/proddetail.asp?prod=ZR822CS-N
I mounted some with small screws to hold wormwood screws for chuck, box cutter for sanding rolls, etc.
Most are use with hot glue and let the glue ooze up through the hole. Used on markers, pencils, wax for dressing the tool bar, at the bottom of a shade for attaching to the bed/headstock when wood slings water or you want a clean backdrop, etc. When the item is used up heat a little and apply to the new one.

·
Registered
25 Posts
I agree, magnets are so versatile.
Holding chuck keys, allan keys & small spanners etc on various machines.
Really good for holding paper templates on top of the lathe. The list goes on & on.

HTH
Col

·
Registered
34 Posts
Rear Earth Hit or Miss

NC,

I agree the rear earth mags are great, but they can be a bit hit or miss. I would check each magnet before gluing as each one will probably be a little different in strength. At least this is what I have found in my experience with this types of magnets.

·
Registered
140 Posts
Just be careful a friend of mine's dog ate two of them, they connected mid digestion track and a $2k vet bill with surgery to get them out.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts