Woodworking Talk banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
466 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was wondering if anyone out there has examples or plans for a radiator cover. I am building one for my parents place and want to get some ideas and see what else is out there. Thanks in advance.

·
Registered
273 Posts
heh, thats funny, I just built my Grandfather a radiator cover a few months ago...i'll see if I can dig up some pics.

·
Registered
354 Posts
Made a few. At the BORGs they have a shield material for the insides of them. It's basically 1/8" bubble wrap with foil on both faces. It has 98% reflectivity of heat so it pushes it all out the front and protects the wood from the heat. Sold by the roll, but I can't remember how much. Found in the insulation section.

·
Registered
36 Posts
Made a few. At the BORGs they have a shield material for the insides of them. It's basically 1/8" bubble wrap with foil on both faces. It has 98% reflectivity of heat so it pushes it all out the front and protects the wood from the heat. Sold by the roll, but I can't remember how much. Found in the insulation section.
I'm using foil (or aluminum sheet, haven't decided - need to finish fixing two doors first), but I'm going with MDF to avoid any swelling of the wood.

hubaseball, if its baseboard (like mine) be sure to add a way for you to take atleast the front or top of easily so you can vacuum your fins - don't want to have to disassemble the whole thing for an annual cleaning :)

1 - 7 of 7 Posts