Woodworking Talk banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a Sears 10" radial arm saw that I haven't used in several years. I am unable to set it up to the in-rip position. I pull the swivel lock, but that still does not allow the motor/blade assembly to pivot either direction. It remains locked in the cross-cut position. Am I missing a step? I would appreciate any ideas.

·
Registered
308 Posts
What model # do you have?

If it's like mine, you pull up and hold the knob (1) and pull the lever forward (2)

Attachments

·
Old School
24,017 Posts

I have a Sears 10" radial arm saw that I haven't used in several years. I am unable to set it up to the in-rip position. I pull the swivel lock, but that still does not allow the motor/blade assembly to pivot either direction. It remains locked in the cross-cut position. Am I missing a step? I would appreciate any ideas.
You can't turn it because there are higher powers that don't want you to. They are saying it's an extremely dangerous procedure to rip on a RAS. So, heed their advice...I would.

·
Registered
308 Posts
You can't turn it because there are higher powers that don't want you to. They are saying it's an extremely dangerous procedure to rip on a RAS. So, heed their advice...I would.
You could have a point there.....

1 - 6 of 6 Posts